At Camp Medley, we’re not only committed to giving children a fun and safe camping experience, but also an opportunity for personal growth. We believe that developing strong leadership skills is an important part of youth development, which is why we offer our Leader in Training program focused on fostering young leaders. The LIT program emphasizes the development of skills specific to Christian camping leadership, but also provides a balance of formal training, mentoring and hands on experience that will be valuable to any leadership role!
Leader in Training (LIT) quick facts!
- The program is three weeks long, with weekends off!
- The program is for teenagers between 14 and 16.
- LIT helps you transition from being a camper to being a staff member or leader in the community
- LIT will explore faith, spirituality, leadership, skill development and personal gifts.
- LITs get to live in a community, try out being a counselor in a cabin, and see what working on a team is really like.
- LITs get to lead a day camp in the local community as part of their final week in the program!
At Camp Medley we see what summer camp beyond your camper years can look like, and we believe programs like this help to build a life-long foundation for you personal and spiritual growth! Our phenomenal LIT Co-directors and support staff are here to be-friend, mentor, and guide you into truly becoming your best self!
Are you interested, yet? Contact our camp director at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out if you would be a good fit for this program!
The 2018 LIT deadline has passed. Applications for the 2019 LIT Program will be available February 1st!