Leaders in Training
The LIT (Leader-in-Training) program at Camp medley emphasizes the development of skills specific to Christian Camping Leadership, with formal training, mentoring and practical hands on experience. During the program, LITs will get a wide range of experiences including being a cabin leader assistant, living in community, and working on a team.
- A responsible and mature young adult at least 15 years of age by the start of program;
- A desire to be a leader;
- A desire to work with children from a diversity of backgrounds;
- A desire to learn more about your faith;
- A desire to learn and live with others at Camp Medley.
- LITs are expected to be exploring and growing in their faith;
- LITs are expected to follow the same behavioural guidelines of the camp staff;
- LITs will be assigned to various support roles during the weeks they are present;
- LITs will need to be present for the staff training week;
- LITs should be able to volunteer for a minimum of 3 weeks;
- Completion of the LIT program does not guarantee you will be hired as a staff member in future summers;
- Basic first aid is an asset.